26 March 2017

FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM


My main role on Fantastic Beasts, was to design the signage for the enormous 1920s New York street sets we built in Watford. This is a small selection of more than 400 different shop fascias, painted window graphics, hanging signs, 3D letters, illuminated signs and ghost graphics I designed during my time on the film. In addition I also created a huge number of ads, displays and signs within each of the windows, alongside posters in the streets and more. We re-used the sets on different occasions to look like different streets in New York so we needed a lot of signage. Foe example, in the photos above you can see the same building dressed as different streets - the Watchsmith became the Draper. I can't imagine ever getting the chance to undertake a signage project on this scale again. I'm so lucky to have been involved in such a fun and rewarding project with such a great team. Out on DVD now.

No comments:

Post a Comment